This delicious pasta can easily be popped into a container and taken to work! While there is no meat included in this version, you can, add your choice of meat (or tofu as desired).
1 red capsicum cut into bite sized pieces
1 yellow capsicum cut into bite sized pieces
2 carrots cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 small pumpkin cut into bite sized pieces
1 small-medium sized eggplant cut into bite sized pieces
2 zucchini’s cut into bite sized pieces
125g mushrooms finely diced
1 red onion finely diced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
400g spelt fettuccine (or pasta of choice)
1/2 cup of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1/2 cup of basil leaves
2 Tablespoons Celtic Sea Salt (I just used salt)
Lemon, cut into quarters
Salt and Pepper, to taste (for vegetables)
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius fan forced
2. Place the bite-sized veggie chunks, mushrooms 🍄 and onion 🧅 into a large bowl, drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
3. Arrange the vegetables 🌶 , ensuring everything is evenly coated in the olive oil in a roasting tray and place in the oven, roasting for 30 minutes or until tender on the inside and golden on the outside. Turn the vegetables 🍅 every 15 minutes or so until all sides become golden.
4. Meanwhile, boil approximately 3-4L of water in a pot. When water is at a rolling boil, add 2 tablespoons of Himalayan Salt 🧂 and pasta.
5. Bring back to the boil and cook pasta 🍝 for approximately 11-15 minutes or until al dente. Once pasta 🍝 is cooked, drain and rinse.
6. Once pasta and vegetables are cooked, add all to a large bowl with herbs 🌿 , ricotta and toss to combine.
7. You can also Serve with a wedge of lemon 🍋
I added cheese to the pasta to add a bit of flavour! It was delicious!
Healthy start to the week…..