If you love shopping, dining out, and sight seeing, these are some of Sydney’s most popular places to visit in Sydney.
It is very difficult to define the term “beauty guru” as it is a word of the 21st century. According to UrbanDictionary, a beauty guru is a beauty teacher or any person that can teach someone about beauty. This century saw an increase in beauty idols, people we love to look up to, buy what they wear, and most importantly, people whose style dictates the new rules of fashion.
Ranging from actresses to singers and, the most recent trend, YouTubers and Instagram influencers, there certainly is a group of women whose style and look is so impeccable that we would definitely want to steal it for at least a day. So, who are the most important beauty gurus and what makes them so interesting and important?
One of the most influential and definitely most beautiful and successful Australian beauties is definitely Nicole Kidman, the human symbol of elegance and grace. Even at 50, this lady looks so perfect, and for a good reason – she takes care of her skin and is very meticulous. Yes, she has been under the knife a couple of times, but when you’re 50, that is perfectly normal. However, the condition of her skin is flawless, thanks to her tremendous love for skin care products.
According to an interview she gave for Allure, her favourite skin care product is Neutrogena’s Rapid Wrinkle Remover, as other anti-aging creams tend to be very strong for her skin type. But not only that – Nicole Kidman is an advocate for a healthy lifestyle and training whenever one has the chance. This fact, and the fact that she is a proud user of a quite affordable yet good skin care line definitely makes Nicole Kidman the Australian beauty next door.
She doesn’t only have one of the most handsome and funniest husbands ever, Blake Lively is also the owner of a beauty that ancient poets wrote poems about. The Gossip Girl star was a trendsetter as Serena van der Woodsen, and interestingly, it is a title that Blake has in real life as well.
According to her own words, she doesn’t pay too much attention to skin care, even though she is a L’Oreal Paris ambassador. She doesn’t rely on professional skin care maintenance, but rather focuses on light moisturizers during the summer and hydration in winter. However, her strongest power rests in her beautiful platinum hair. For that, she gave a small tip – rubbing coconut oil at the ends before shampooing it.
Even though she was unknown to some in the first half of 2017, after her engagement to Prince Harry, Meghan Markle became a definite beauty and fashion guru. This soon-to-be-royal is a true example of the less-is-more kind of beauty (just as Kate Middleton – it seems the British Princes share the same taste in women) – she doesn’t even put foundation on her face when she’s not on set! If you want to take a peak in her bag, you’ll see oils that she uses for both body and face, face moisturizers and candy lip balms. So, if you’re following someone’s beauty tips, why not the future Duchess’s?
One of the baddest gals out there, Ruby Rose really made a brand out of herself. Regardless of preferences, both men and women fell in love with those eyes and that hairdo. Even though she started her own makeup line, it’s the attitude of Ruby Rose and her androgynous looks that make her very distinctive. Moreover, she is the owner of some of the best tattoos in showbiz, and she wears them oh-so-femininely.
Every tattoo that we put on our body has a hidden meaning, and that is this capturing mystery of Ruby Rose. Her body is home to many different tattoo styles, so if you want to be more Ruby Rose-like, you should definitely get one for yourself. Make sure to choose one that has a meaning though – for example, choosing to get great Japanese tattoos in Sydney or any other town is a step closer to achieving this and also very popular and trendy.
One of the biggest style divas of the new generations is definitely Rihanna. This gorgeous Barbadian beauty is not only a fashion guru (as everything she wears becomes an instant hit), she is also a makeup teacher and enthusiast. Thanks to Fenty Beauty, her own hit makeup line, we can be a bit more like her. However, she doesn’t owe her beauty guru title only to her makeup – she is also the advocate of a healthy lifestyle, regular exercises and a disciplined life.
It is difficult to imitate the looks and trends of celebrities but, as nothing is impossible, we can at least try. The only thing we need to know is who to look up to and what the things that make them unique are. If we can determine that, then we’ll definitely know what the things that make us unique are.
AMY MIA GOLDSMITH
Even though the idea of discovering your signature style sounds really attractive, one thing is certain – it’s a process that requires a lot of time, energy, and effort, which can be really overwhelming for many women. However, the final results are completely worth it. Defining your style and being confident about it is one of the best possible scenarios, so stay with us if you want to know how to make that happen. Here are some useful tips on how to accomplish that and feel as confident as never before, so check them out.
How to define your personal style?
Defining your personal style isn’t a process that can happen overnight – it can take a lot of time, possibly several years until you’re completely sure that something perfectly fits your personality. We’re sure that so many ladies are still searching for their signature style, and that’s completely fine simply because it requires experimenting and playing with colors, patterns, fabrics, and patterns.
You have to understand that fashion isn’t about obeying the rules, since that certainly won’t help you define your personal style. Instead, you can take those rules as some general guidelines, but it’s totally up to you to decide what to wear and what to skip. This means that you shouldn’t try to keep up with the latest fashion trends at all costs. Of course, if being trendy and fashionable is your cup of tea, you can always include such pieces to your everyday combos, but we’re saying that head-to-toe outfits that blindly follow the latest trends probably aren’t the best possible choice.
Understand your body shape and find signature pieces according to it
The first step towards finding your personal style and being self-confident is understanding your body shape. This step is crucial because you simply need to learn which silhouettes will always look flattering on you, without exceptions. If you still aren’t sure about your body shape, you can use a body shape calculator to find out. Of course, your friends and family can be of great help, since they’ll always be honest when something simply doesn’t fit right or looks silly on you.
Besides that, you can take pictures of the combos you’re trying on, which can help you a lot to spot the pieces and silhouettes you should stick to. When it comes to your signature pieces, it can be literally anything you like – from a pair of killer heels and a designer bag to colorful scarves and interesting brooches. Remember Anna Wintour and her famous sunglasses? That’s what we’re talking about! If you’re more into alternative fashion and some authentic pieces not everyone can wear, you should know that it’s actually a huge plus, since such pieces are truly unique.
This means that you will be noticed no matter what, which will help you stand out even in a crowd of people. One of the all-time favorites when it comes to this style is definitely a signature gothic corset, which was adored and worn by a lot of celebrities like Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, and Kim Kardashian. Apart from being really fashionable and stylish, this piece will accentuate your waist and make it look even tinier, which is never a bad thing!
It isn’t about the labels, but about your self-confidence
Defining your signature style and elegance is much more than just sticking to particular brands and labels – is more about being self-confident and comfortable while putting together your outfits. As already stated, style is personal and there should be no rules and trends to keep up with. You should follow your heart and know what looks amazing on you, and to stick to those pieces no matter what. Your style comes from within, from knowing exactly who you are and who you want to be, and that’s what makes you different from millions of other girls.
If you think that you’re beautiful, others will see you that way as well. That’s why you should love yourself in the first place, because if you don’t do it, no one else will. Always believe in yourself and you’ll see an instant improvement in your personal style and the way people perceive you. That’s the key to success when it comes to defining your signature style.
As you can see, coming up with your personal style can be a time-consuming process that can’t happen overnight – it takes a lot of time and effort, but it’s completely worth it in the end. Once you accomplish this task you’ll feel much more confident and authentic, which is exactly what counts most!
Written by Amy Mia Goldsmith
The fall season is almost upon us and we would love to share with you the wardrobe must-haves for fall fashion 2017. Many women think that the colder months dampen the fashion scene, but it’s quite the contrary. We agree with “fall is second spring, where all the leaves are flowers”. The colorscape of fall might be a notch darker but it’s gorgeous in its own way. The palette of sunset, orange, purple, red, turquoise, ’50 shades of gray’, warm maroons, earthy browns, the contrast and relief of nude, cream and whites- we love fall!
Top Fall Fashion Wardrobe Essentials
Let’s just straight up admit that creating this shortlist was no easy task. There are so many ways to look fabulous in the fall season and so many styles to the sport! Chill weather fashion entails a lot of layering and keeping that in mind, here’s our pick for the fall outfit essentials this season!
- Red Outfits- Red is the official season color on the runways this season, so if you don’t have a red stale in your wardrobe that you can throw on anytime you feel like looking trendy, now’s the time to hit the stores! You can pick anything red – a day dress with red accents, red stained leather jacket, red plaid shirt, a red scarf you can mix and match with most outfits – doesn’t matter as long as it’s a lovely shade of red!
- Boyfriend Blazers and Jeans- Boyfriend clothes are always comfy compared to other outfits in the wardrobe, aren’t they? Boxers, oversized tees, and hoodies and the best, boyfriend jeans are commonly acquired guy stuff that girls dig! This season, boyfriend blazers (oversized men’s blazers for women) are trending on all ramps across the country! Pick boldly colored and tailored baggy blazers (with or without shoulder padding) and look super chic, warmly dressed and trendy even on the coolest of days! You can find Keira Knightley and plenty of other celebrities look fantastic effortlessly in boyfriend jeans and blazers.
- Button Up- Can one stress enough on the importance of a pristine button up in the wardrobe? Formal occasions, office parties, casual get together- a well-fitted shirt and button up skirt or coat can work wonders for your appearance. For fall and winter, you can layer it with a denim jacket, trench coat, blazer, cardigan or even a pretty pullover! Remember, black warm leggings are the most preferred pairing option.
- Neutral Cardigan- A neutral or nude cardigan is an absolute essential wardrobe addition to the fall wardrobe. Cardigans are so completely versatile and the nude palette lends itself beautifully with most other colors that trend in fall.
- Black Turtleneck- Unless you absolutely dislike turtlenecks, a black turtleneck is a mandatory piece of outfit for fall and winter. Classy and always chic, a turtleneck sweater can perk up any outfit. Celebrities love it and pair it with glorious shades, skirts, jeans, palazzos and pants in super trendy ways! Get inspired and add a piece to your wardrobe!
- Trench Coat- A gorgeous trench coat to wear on the dampest and chilliest days of fall and winter might require a nice investment, but fashion lovers would say that a favorite trench coat is worth the pocket pinch. Think of all the celebrities stepping out of their glam cars in high heels, flaunting their trench coats with such flair and ease. What’s so great about trench coats is how easily these can glam up an outfit!
- Denim/Faux Leather Jacket- Whether you dig the casual, everyday look that women sport in fall or the sophisticated, edgy look- an exquisite piece of the jacket can take away your fashion woes in autumn and winter. Denim outfits, especially washed out and distressed denim, is trending this season but faux leather jackets have not gone down in popularity. You could experiment and add variety to your wardrobe with suede and faux fur jackets, but denim and/or are the essentials!
- Velvet and Plaid- Velvet outfits are not always in trend, but for fall fashion 2017, velvet and 70’s plaid are the shiz! From runway models and celebrities to the fashionistas in town, you can find women who like to stay updated with style trends sporting velvet pants, skirts, bodices, jackets, blouses etc. The vibrant and bold plaids of the 70’s also lend wonderfully to fall fashion. Think scarves, mufflers, short skirts to wear over leggings or knee-high boots, jackets or even shirts- plaid is everywhere this season and we love it!
- Black Leggings and Black Pants- A pair of skinny fit leggings is absolutely crucial to cruise through the cold months if you plan to wear more varieties of outfits than tees and jeans. Black pants can be paired easily with your button-ups, denim/leather jackets, blazers, turtlenecks and what not! And a pair of black leggings can help you flaunt your favorite skirts or short dresses even on chilly and windy days!
- Black Booties- You most likely already own a lovely pair of black booties. If you don’t, this is your cue to hit the stores! Choose from a wide range of options- fringe boots, pull up boots, slouchy boots, suede, ankle booties and much more. A pair of black boots glams up any outfit you wear and adds a chic appeal. It’s a great investment for fall and winter because you can wear it almost every day of these months with almost every outfit you build!
So get going, ladies! Pick your style from the fall fashion outfits now.
It is on my heart to give some guideline as to how to live a life similar to Kate Middleton, rather than being consumed by women that educate young women about having Botox, or plastic surgery to have a successful and affluent life. I can’t believe the extreme that young girls go to, to look like someone that is basically artificial, rather than a simple natural beauty and stunner! Don’t get me wrong, I think Kim Kardashian is quite pretty, but she uses mascara over her false eyelashes! Or even doubles the false lashes! I also have a soft spot for Kendall Jenner.
It is more comely when a lady is refined and full of knowledge, cultivated and cultured, and I would be so happy if you found the following steps to be healthy for you and desirable for your life.
Learn to be classy
A classy woman is three things,
genuine, feminine and full of high quality.
Being classy is not found on your average street, and being high-class is so rare considering there is a lot of trash on TV these days. I don’t want to offend anyone by saying that the Kardashians are trashy, but from what I have seen myself, I don’t find the Kardashians ‘classy’, no offence to Kardashian lovers.
I may have mentioned this before in previous posts, but to be classy is all about holding yourself with particular style, a hint of elegance, an aura of sophistication, polished etiquette, grace and finesse.
Make your inner sophistication and stylishness stand out by dressing like Kate Middleton, following proper etiquette, and using sophisticated language.
At the moment I am reading an epistolary novel, which uses quite fancy words and is sort of poetic and literary. To extend and expand on your language I suggest you read great literary work, like Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. Go to your local library and search for books on “language” or “allegory” to develop an understanding for technical terms and to help sharpen your mind. Learning to read deeper widens your semantics and perspective and creates syntactics, helping you with the form of words, semiotics and linguistics.
In a manner of elegance and gracefulness be aware of the tone of your voice, how you speak to others, what things you do to attract people to you. You don’t have to be theoretical or philosophical in the way you say things, (although that is very cultured and smart) but simply, stating something from a book or a movie could be advantageous. I particularly like the statement in Pride and Prejudice where they say “Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.”
This is a great example.
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
It sounds totally like me!
Practice your posture
You don’t have to put a pile of books on your head to do this, when sitting in the lounge or at the dinner table, make sure you’re shoulders are back, not by sticking out your chest, but make sure that your back is straight. When you are aware of your posture, a sense of self-confidence may come your way!
Watch and learn from other women
Is there a lady that you admire? Do you know a lady that knows how to walk properly, or dresses completely well that you just want to look like her! To be honest, I do feel that way when I see pictures of Kate, but apart from buying an original Dolce and Gabbana dress or Alexander McQueen gown, just to look like her could be overwhelming, so I suggest, go through your wardrobe and do a spring clean every few months and re-wear some of your old dresses without feeling ‘unroyal’.
Work on being polite
Most women or people in general are drawn to someone who makes the other person feel comfortable. Speak softly and sound gentle. Don’t talk too fast, yell or wallow in unrefined gestures. Look at yourself in the mirror daily and practice your smiles. This is very distinguished.
Develop your own sense of style
Putting together a classy outfit can be fun, so go through all your magazines (Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Elle) and create a vision board of what you like and what outfits you want to buy in the future. It can be outrageous and funky as you like, or pretty and vintage like Blair Waldorf’s style. Sticking to your own style is the best way to go! If something doesn’t flatter you, don’t wear it – having your own personal style and taste is the best way to exemplify your character and personality.
Always wear clean clothes, do your washing as much as you can throughout the week. Wear neatly together outfits and put on a little bit of lipgloss and eyeliner, with a hint of blush. During the day stick to simple ways to keep yourself looking fresh.
Wear a nice long black silhouette slender dress
This is the epitome of class, the perfect achromatic black dress. If you have one, show it off wherever you go. Black is always in style and never goes out of date.
Wearing something flattering like this, is so natural and classy.
Even if it’s not an evening dress, find or shop for something simple like this!
Going Audrey style is perfect too! She has been the epitome of class throughout the decades and especially, the era of the 50’s and 60’s, and has been a fantastic example as an actress, model, dancer and humanitarian. Widely known for her movies such as Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, and My Fair Lady, “she was ranked by the American Film Institute as the third greatest female screen legend” as said on Wikipedia.
Creating a blog is a great way to get yourself out there and noticed, but sometimes not necessarily. You could work years on blogging and go nowhere, and all your work is just ‘archives’.
Talk to women everywhere you go, and talk about your favourite things. You have to believe in yourself and not just that, believe that you are high class first, and then be totally dynamic and hold yourself high. Learn to be a woman of value, and most importantly, be considerate. This will take you places and people never forget what you do for them. Marketing yourself doesn’t necessarily mean to “get yourself out there”, but basically holding yourself with dignity and respect and love for yourself. If you don’t do something for someone you are of no value to them. What you do for people is number one.
One thing I have learnt over the years is a woman of low value can be someone who has low self esteem themselves and they suck value from others, always getting something from someone and not giving back.
Develop rituals that support your self-worth.
A high quality woman is a woman with a high sense of self worth and we all know that a lady that knows her worth is someone of great value.
Do things to keep yourself busy and productive throughout the day. For example, I find my self-worth and confidence by writing this piece in itself.
You truly know and feel great worth by accomplishing much with your life, and I love the fact that Kate Middleton is not ‘just a princess/duchess’ but she is a woman that works hard for her country and she prepares herself for speeches, and engagements, etc.
I want to feel a sense of accomplishment in everything I do, and that’s what Kate would feel as well. Having purpose and contentment is so important and fulfilling, that sometimes I feel frustrated when I feel I am not doing enough! Even after writing this piece I feel I want to do MORE!!!!! And that’s a great feeling!
So, develop daily rituals daily by giving to others, developing fantastic relationships with your neighbours or friends at school or work, and try not to be judgemental, but full of love.
We can get so caught up with ‘worldly’ women rather than ‘classy’ women, that I hope that these eight points help you to live, learn and obtain classy points in your life. There are numerous articles on being classy on google, it is absolutely ENDLESS, but I particularly wanted to hone in on important factors that could help you be a little more like ‘Kate’!
So, to begin with, I don’t know if I would call myself a “Fashionista”, but if it is defined as a ‘devoted follower of fashion’ then, yes, I am well on my way to being one. In Melbourne, I went to the L’Oreal Fashion Week almost every September, and loved it……
The VAMFF is a world wide event that has girls from all over the globe attending. And we all know, Melbourne is THE fashion capital of Australia – hence, one reason why I miss that city so much!
This year it is in March and to book your tickets, go to their Events page where you can also see Fashion Weekend Runway showcasing their Autumn/Winter collection looking at the best designer brands and you can watch runway shows by your favourite designers and be the first to discover the trends of the season.
That is if you’re in Melbourne, of course!
Featuring some of these designs:
There will be a lot of different runways, from gala to premium, and Vogue will be presenting the glamorous collections on the runway and Priceline Pharmacy is supporting the runway too. There are literally sooo many to choose from, and I am particularly interested in the Virgin Australia Grand Showcase celebrating Australia’s globally recognised designers.
Moving on, ……
Recently I bought a Zara top which is totally feminine! It’s lace sleeves leave you feeling feminine and it was such a great buy! I believe it was only about $15 on SALE, but I wanted to share it along with my favourite current dress that I have been dying to share with you for a little while now.
This is me being totally organised! I have a journal where I have learnt to start bullet pointing things to do, and every project, I write down all the things I need to do to get done, to efficiently work well on it, and have it all there in front of me, so I can take the journal to the library, coffee shop, or elsewhere and work on what I love to do!
What I find to be entirely feminine is this “Long sleeve lace dress” from YesStyle.
It is the replica of Kate Middleton’s white lace $3,450 Dolce and Gabbana dress she wore at the Ascot Races in July, 2016.
For me, this is a sensational dress I can wear to a nice occasion, or somewhere a bit more formal. I love it so much I could wear it anywhere, but it has its place to be at a event or wedding and such. I am utterly in love with this feminine dress.
So, I just got my haircut done at New Look Hair Salon, and asked for a style similar to Kate Middleton’s long bob that she had a little while ago. I was so wrapt with the outcome and results were amazing!!!!!! I literally felt like Kate Middleton after it was finished!
I felt like stepping out in style and elegance with my hair done, plus the dress and so I grabbed a coffee (of course) and chilled outside of Sambos, in Scarborough for awhile.
I admit…. I’ve become an avid, obsessed “royal fan”, and it’s because of pageantry, pomp, and especially the royal fashion. I can’t wait to go to London next year, IF and hopefully there will be another royal wedding. 👑 👰
Royal Wedding dresses have been the talk all over the world, and every girl likes to hear “fairytale” stories and romance!
I have decided to come up with a few posts that either explain the fashion, or just inspire the fashion, whether they have an opinion or not!
Here is a few “Kate Middleton inspired blog posts” for the weekend.
1. All dressed up posts about Royal Fashion on “Dressed up Duchess“, which I looove!!!! I particularly love the Emilia Wickstead Wool Crepe Midi Dress, and I like how she talks about each piece with her own viewpoint on it.
2. Styling the Duchess of Cambridge on her world trip – The Style Artisan
These extra outfits are found on Polyvore – so you can check out different styled outfits that can make you look a little more like Kate!
3. I could totally relate with the Empty scribbler….. Here she posts about her “London Fantasy“…. and she sounds totally like me!!! She doesn’t mention Kate but I had to add this one in for you to see as her mentality is quite like mine! Never been to London but dreaming of it….
4. The Brown Girls View creates her OWN idea of a collection of what she can imagine seeing Catherine, the duchess of Cambridge, wearing. (I am trying to get used to not saying “Kate Middleton” anymore, but it’s hard because it stuck with me!)
5. A post by Bamaanie – GET THE LOOK completely on a budget with Witchery leather flat shoes and a Ted Baker blazer.
6. The Preen Finella Dress that Kate wore twice is on Kate Middleton Style, the black one at Place 2 Be and in September, to the historic reconciliation ceremony and reception in Victoria, Canada. The red midi dress by Thornton Brigazzi. I particularly like this dress and totally want it! I am hoping that if I don’t buy a replicate that I can get one tailor made.